Manila tamarinds, like the sweet/sour tamarind, will tolerate a great diversity of soil types but does best in deep, well drained soils which are slightly acid. Trees will not tolerate cold, wet soils. Propagation: Manila tamarind seeds remain viable for months and will germinate in a week after planting.
Health Benefits Of Manila Tamarind:
- Manages toothaches, sore gums and mouth ulcers.
- Works as an antiseptic
- The abundance of vitamin C in Manila tamarinds, boost the immune system and reduces phlegm.
- The bark extract is used to cure dysentery and chronic diarrhoea.
- Its high thiamine content, promote the body to convert sugars into energy, which impacts the mood and helps stabilize stress levels.
- Treats oily scalp and prevents hair loss
- Slow down the ageing – lightens the skin, removes dark spots, and cures acne.