Lemongrass is a aromatic herb which is increasingly being used in teas, beverages, herbal medicines.
Cymbopogon (Lemongrass) are commonly cultivated as culinary and medicinal herbs because of their scent, resembling that of lemons.
This grass grows in dense clumps that can grow to 6 ft in height and about 4 ft in width, although it commonly has seen much smaller. Leaves are strap-like, 1.3 to 2.5 cm wide, to 3 ft long, and have gracefully drooping tips.
Lemon grass plant grows well in all type of soil. Highly drought and disease tolerant.
Benefits of Lemongrass:
- Smoking dried lemongrass leaves act as insect repellant.
- Fresh leaves can be left in the wardrobe to give a refreshing natural aroma.
- The leaves are also used commonly in herbal teas.
- Lemongrass plant grows into bushy grass which act as ornamental plant in home landscapes.
- Lemongrass leaves are used in making natural handmade soaps