Roselle (Hibiscus Sabdariffa)?
FACT: Roselle is widely grown in India but its rarely consumed locally due to the lack of awareness about the rich health benefits and its exported, only the leaves of the plant is consumed locally and stems are used to extract fiber?similar to Jute.?
Roselle can be heated and consumed as Tea or it can iced to consumed a juice.?Rosella is loaded with many essential nutrients.?
Roselle is a seasonal and below video shows the Rosella cultivation, harvest, seed extraction and our value added products from Rosella calyx
Medicinal Uses of Roselle:
- Several studies have shown Roselle tea to be beneficial in?preventing hypertension, Diabetes, Heart diseases and cancer.
- Roselle tea contains an enzyme inhibitor which blocks the production of amylase. Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down complex sugars and starches. Drinking a cup of hibiscus tea after meals will reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates and will assist in weight loss.
- Roselle tea is rich in vitamin C and makes a wonderful herbal remedy to fight off colds and infections by strengthening the immune system.
- Other benefits of hibiscus tea include preventing bladder infections and constipation if taken regularly.
Roselle Recipe Ideas and Uses:
- The single most common use for roselle is?tea,?which is made quite easily by peeling the calyxes, boiling with water, stirring in syrup or sugar or honey, and then serving warm or iced.
- Roselle?jam?is another common recipe: in this case, pectin isn?t necessary because the seeds in each pod contain plenty of it. Boil the pods for 15 minutes, strain the seeds, and keep the now pectin-rich water. Add the calyces and plenty of sugar. Boil until the mix is reduced and the texture is similar to jam.
- Use roselle as a?garnish?for salads and beverages. It?s not uncommon to find sorrels in Christmas flower arrangements in Europe, either.
- Make?roselle syrup?by dissolving sugar, water and calyces. The ratio for syrup is 1c chopped roselle calyces, 1c water, and 1.25c sugar. This syrup may be used for desserts, sweet breads or crepes.
- Use roselle syrup to make?sodas?and?cocktails.?This practice is common in the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa, Mexico and Central America.
The red pigment in Rosella
Rosella has a red pigment are lit and dazzling proven effective and is actively destroying the cancer cells invade the blood or leukemia. The uniqueness of the red pigment of Rosella is has a major role in the process of apoptosis is a kind action suicide that carried by cancer cells to destroy itself because it no longer has the ability to fight Pigments rosella which has anti-cancer agent that is a strong-backed with high antioxidants and other nutrients.
Things You Need to Know About Roselle:
- For those who suffer from low blood pressure should not consume Rosella tea because it will cause your blood pressure to fizzle. If you want to consume Rosella tea, wait after your blood pressure levels balanced.
- For someone who wants to undergo surgery, should not consume tea Rosella at least 2 or 3 weeks before the surgery, because the effects of substances contained in Roselle can disrupt blood flow and disrupt blood sugar levels in the surgery or when surgery is being performed.
- For mothers who are breastfeeding should not consume tea Rosella excessive because it can affect milk production and in women who are young pregnant should consume tea Rosella not every day and may only be the size of the cups are small, because too much to drink tea Rosella when pregnant can fetus miscarried.
- For those who are taking vitamin C supplements should not consume tea for Rosella Rosella had higher levels of vitamin C tremendous height that is 20 times higher than oranges and tomatoes. if you’re taking supplements of Vitamin C also feared the body would be an excess of vitamin C and this condition is not good for health, Benefits of Vitamin C in Roselle will be futile or otherwise (the efficacy of vitamin C supplements also useless).
- For those who have better ulcer disease consume it before eating, because the acid contained in the rosella flowers can increase stomach acid. for the fulfillment of nutrients vitamin C and B in patients with gastritis should rosella tea in a small cup size once a day.