The Chinnar paddy variety?This variety is a short duration variety well suited for rain-fed and wetland cultivation.
- It is also drought tolerant and high yielding.
- The plants have purple pigmented leaves and culm hence weed removal is easy.
- The grains are fine and long with good cooking quality.
- The variety is suitable for direct sowing as well as for transplanting.
- The yield of the variety is about 2700-3000 kg/ acre.
- The color of the plant is very attractive to the farmers.
- Seeing the yield of the variety, elongated and fine grain and less incidence of pest and disease attacks
Crop Duration: 120 days