|Name of the Variety||Duration in days||Maximum height of the crop in cm||Number of grains per ear head||Yield of grain in kgs/acre||Yield of straw in kgs/acre||1000 grain weight in grams|
Karuppu Kavuni Paddy Information:
- 130-140 days and Suitable season for growing this variety is September – January.
- Suitable to direct sowing.
- Needs only organic manures such as green and green leaf manure.
- The color of the grain is black and it is only used for sweet making along with coconut milk and it is not suitable for meals preparation.
- It requires lesser quantity of water comparatively and suitable for black cotton soil and red soil in dry lands.