Top 5 Mucuna Pruriens Health Benefits
- Mucuna gently increases dopamine by providing L-dopa. The herb is one of the best natural sources of the amino acid L-dopa, a direct precursor to the hormone dopamine.
- Increases energy levels, enhances concentration and improves mood. By raising low dopamine levels, mucuna pruriens can have a positive effect on motivation, attention span, general outlook and many other aspects of mental well being.
- Mucuna Pruriens helps reduce excessive prolactin and increases testosterone in the body. Many women and men notice an increase in sexual desire, libido and performance when taking the herb due to higher testosterone levels and mucuna is often considered an aphrodisiac.
- Raising dopamine with mucuna pruriens can stimulate human growth hormone production. Increasing HGH within your body is associated with enhanced muscle growth, improved fat burning and anti-aging effects.
- Mucuna benefits also include improved relaxation and help getting to sleep. Dopamine from L-dopa acts on the pineal gland which secretes the sleep hormone melatonin. Higher dopamine levels are also associated with lower stress and an improved ability to relax.